Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Labyrinth

It's been awhile.


Sometimes I look in the mirror and I like what I see.
More often than not, I don't recognize what I see.
Sometimes I feel like the Ring Master.
More often than not, I feel like a clown.
Sometimes I feel like I hold the world in my hand.
More often than not, I feel like everything is slipping away.
Sometimes I feel like I'm on display at the zoo.
More often than not, I feel invisible.
Sometimes I feel the world around me is going crazy.
More often than not, I feel like I'm losing my mind.
Sometimes I feel like I have all the love in the world.
More often than not, I feel alone.
Sometimes I feel like I'm nice.
More often than not, I feel like the complete opposite.
Sometimes I feel like throwing a glass against the wall.
More often than not, I just keep silent.
Sometimes I feel like I'm home.
More often than not, I want to run away.
Sometimes I feel brave.
More often than not, my resolve crumbles.

Ah, yes.
It's been awhile.

2 comments:

ScoMan said...

I'm glad to see you back after your break =D

Your blog is unique, and the bloggosphere wouldn't be the same without it.

I especially loved this part..

"Sometimes I feel like I have all the love in the world.
More often than not, I feel alone."

But you're not alone Badriyyah. You know where to find me =)

Badriyyah said...

Thank you. =D
I'll come a-hunting and a-searching for you... with chocolates in hand. =P