Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Reflection

I thought I was being quite cute and playful.
I was tired, I was drained, but I tried.
Then some innocent words cracked that already thin surface.
I was not quite so cute and playful anymore.
More like crazy.
A fork clattered loudly onto the floor of an empty restaurant.
One hand covering my face and the other groping wildly for a mirror.
To check for yet another imperfection.
Ah, how can I expect you to think I'm beautiful when I'm a host of so many imperfections?
You think I'm crazy because I would not let you look at me.
I can't look at me, why would I want you to look at me?
Go away.

There's nothing here.

2 comments:

ScoMan said...

It's so easy to see the imperfections and flaws in ourselves, and feel like everyone around us is so perfect and secure.

I try to take the approach when I look at myself that I take when I look at the world.. to find the beauty rather than the imperfections.

It doesn't work all the time, but it's worth a shot right?

Badriyyah said...

Well, it's always easier to see beauty in other people than in yourself.

=)

Besides, perfection is overrated. too stressful.