Monday, April 13, 2009

The Modernisation Of Wendy + Peter P. - Part 2

I wake early the next morning, feeling refreshed. That immediately put me in a cheerful mood and I begin to go about my day.
However, by lunchtime the cheerful mood was slowly fading. The boy from the night before is persistently in my thoughts, just as he was persistently tapping on my window last night.
I try to push him aside. Unfortunately, this time, Miss Mclachlan was unable to help me block him out.
By bedtime, I am in a foul mood. I have a nice, stable life and am perfectly content with things as they are and this, this boy dares to invade my life? Who does he think he is anyway?
As if he knows that I am thinking about him, the familiar tapping invades my private rant. I turn towards the window. Sure enough, there he is, grinning impishly and looking a right mess.
"Ah, but what an adorable mess," a voice whispers unexpectedly.
The voice in my head.
I frown and watch him as he waves at me. I will not go to him. I am a sensible girl and I do not allow strange boys into my room.
He sees my sour expression and stops tapping and waving. He looks at me for a moment before flying away.
Flying? Hold on, did he really fly? But that's impossible.
"Magic." His reply to my question last night pops into my mind.
I shake my head and tell myself not to be silly. Magic only exists in books and in dreams. Not in real life. I walk back to my bed and climb in.
Just as I am about to turn off the light, the tapping begins again. I look up in surprise. I thought my sour disposition was enough to turn him away.
Apparently not.
He is gesturing excitedly for me to come to him. There is something cupped in the palm of his hand.
I think he wants to show me what it is.
I hesitate.
Do I ignore him again or do I walk over to him?

2 comments:

ScoMan said...

I hate it when flying boys interrupt my sleep!

It's great to see you updating this story for the modern day. I loved the story, and you're doing an excellent job so far.

Badriyyah said...

Hmm... get many flying boys coming your way, do you? =P

I'm not quite sure what this is going to turn out as... or how... it might be completely different.

But don't hate me if it doesn't quite meet with your expectations.