Sunday, January 11, 2009

Lost My...

Lost my way? Many, many times. Literally and figuratively. I'm so bad with directions and put a map in my hand, you may as well have given me a papyrus with hieroglyphs on it. But I usually find my way, one way or the other.

Lost my heart? Corny, cheesy, but so what? It's true. Happened 3 1/2 years ago. Through no fault of my own, of course. I'm in no hurry to get it back. It's got a great new owner.

Lost my inspiration? My Muse [or whatever] seemed to have taken a detour somewhere and left me with Writer's Block. I have a suspicion that detour includes a visit to the shoe store.

Lost my voice? I did for a while. But I've got it back and am not going to make that same mistake again. It was horrible.

Lost my loves? Yes! My parents moved so many times and apparently my mother thought it was fine to donate my books to charity. An admirable cause but those books are my babies! She gave away my babies!

Lost my weight? No. The only thing that I desperately want to lose and it's not going anywhere. It might go off for a little bit but it always makes it way back. Curses.

No comments: