Sunday, August 3, 2008

A-hah!; Or 'The Lightbulb Moment'


I'll be turning 26 in November, 2008. I've passed the quarter-of-a-century mark [urgghh!]. I know, I know, 26 is still young. It's only the mid-twenties. I still have my energy [said energy is usually used up for shopping trips or lazing about, but still], my right to watch cartoons and my right to shout at politicians on the news. All in all, it's pretty much all gewd [it kills me to misspell a word on purpose, but it has to be pronounced that way for the purpose of that particular line].



Now, I'm 25 plus plus and I'm still waiting for my big a-hah moment. The moment when everything clicks into place. I have had a few minor yes moments, like the time I was looking up universities online. I saw the photo of the university that would later be the one I ended up going to and just knew that it was the one. So now my student days are behind me, and I'm waiting for the yes moment when looking up jobs. Oh, I actually did have a major yes moment when I decided that nothing but a career in writing would ever make me happy, job-wise. I may have to reconsider that. Hmmm...


Oh, yes. When I've been out shopping, I have experienced many, many, many ooohs and aaahs moments upon discovering the perfect pair of earrings [turns out that there is no such thing as I find a perfect pair every time I hit the shops], or the perfect pair of shoes [again, no such thing]. [Maybe I'm just a shopaholic looking for an excuse to buy, buy, buy?] But those are just superficial zings of joy.


I want that yes-I-love-my-life-my-life-is-so-perfect-I'm-so-happy-don't-you-just-hate-me buzz that lasts and lasts. *laugh* I do love my life, I think it's great. I have a wonderful family, an amazing man, great friends, but there is still something missing. I know it's missing because I'm still looking. When, oh, when am I going to find it?

No comments: