Friday, August 8, 2008

Hell Hath No Fury Like... A Woman Scorned [Wronged]

When you tell me you'll call, or text, I will wait. So don't be surprised that I'll get angry at you when you don't. Trust me, I'm not overreacting. The reason for the anger goes beyond the fact that you forgot to call or get in touch. If you can't even keep a simple promise to call, how can I expect you to keep your other promises? Also, when you forget to keep in touch with me, I always think it's because you forgot about me. And how dare you forget about me when I'm thinking about you all the time?


When you drive like an F1 driver, and I get angry, it's not because I'm being boring. It's because you're being reckless with something so precious: your life. Is your life really worth a few minutes of speed-filled fun?

When you keep me waiting, for whatever reason other than a family-related reason, it's not a nice feeling. When you cancel on me to go out with your friends, it makes me feel like crap. And I shouldn't feel that way with you. I should be feeling like I'm the most important person [apart from your family] to you.

When you get angry at me, for getting angry at you, what's that all about? I had a legitimate reason for the anger. What's yours? Because I care too much?

When you know you're going to be later then you said you would be, CALL me. Don't keep me waiting like an a*s. Or make me worry over nothing. And please, please, please don't use that lame excuse "Oh, even if I called you, you'd still be angry anyway." That is NOT the point. Using that stupid excuse will just make me angrier.

When you hurt me, my gosh, do you hurt me. You have no idea how much you can hurt me. So please, think carefully next time about your choice of words. I'm all for openness and directness in a relationship, but at least extend me the same courtesy I show for you.

When I call you and I am upset about something, "Oh, that happens. Get used to it," is NOT an acceptable response. If I wanted to hear that, I'd call my mother. I want to be comforted. What I don't want is to feel even worse that I already am. On that note, you would really let me hang up the phone or you hang up the phone on me when I'm upset?


Note: This is not specifically aimed at one guy. This is for all the guys out there. Treat your girlfriend/wife/partner like the princess/queen that she is. Or, you just might lose her.


Based on conversations with various girl friends.

2 comments:

Livy said...

This so perfectly sums it up! I can definitely identify with a few of those. Especially the fast driving. And why is it that guys always give a dose of reality when you just want to be comforted.

Badriyyah said...

Thanks!
I think it's just in their genetics, the 'I'm-so-macho-man-I-must-fix-everything-so-you-know-I'm-THE-man' part of their DNA. Along with the 'I'm-so-macho-look-how-fast-my-car-goes' gene.