Sunday, August 17, 2008

How To: According To The Wonderful World Of Google

I was missing one of my favourite sandwiches, which was mozzarella, green pesto and sun-dried tomatoes in a toasted pannini [panini?]. Yum. I haven't had one of those in years... definitely not since I came back, anyway. Why? Because they're so DAME EXXY. Mozzarella alone costs a lot, never mind the pesto, tomatoes, etc. Urgh. I used to just run down to Tesco [by run down, I mean I walked to the bus stop and got on a bus to town, where I would get off and walk slowly down to Tesco], and get the ingredients. But now, it's like... ohmygosh, am I really willing to pay RM50++++ for a SANDWICH? *sigh*

*lol* You're probably wondering what do sandwiches have to do with the title of this blog, right? Well, here it is. Since I was missing my sandwich, I decided to google 'how to make sun dried tomatoes.' I did find instructions on how to make my own sun-dried tomatoes, but it takes more than 10 hours! 10-24 hours in an oven, to be exact. Erm... am I supposed to wait by the oven for that long? Yish. Can someone make one for me, pretty please please please?



On that track, I thought it would be fun to google 'how to
make boys like you' [well, I was going to google a lemon and orange cake recipe but I was already depressed about the tomatoes, so I didn't see why I should upset myself further], and actually got a hit. *major lol* How high school!

So, according to wikiHow.com, the first step is to LIKE YOURSELF. Followed by, GET HIS ATTENTION. After you accomplish step 2, you are then to CRACK A JOKE. Step 4 is to DO THINGS TOGETHER and the final step is to BE PATIENT. Very good advice, actually. I've told my friends almost exactly the same things and have also had the same things said to me.

But really, at the end of the day, we're all individuals so I think we should just go with what feels right. [I'm feeling so Carrie Bradshaw-ish right now, minus the Blahniks and Choos.] I think I'm going to google 'how to have fabulous hair every day' next.

P/S Gotta love google!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mm, that's one of my favorite sandwiches - Though I do add grilled chicken to it.
FAH-BU-LOUS ;)

P.S. Any updates for us as to what you ended up doing to solve your longing-for-THE-panini crisis? :)

Badriyyah said...

Well, I've bought some sundried tomatoes and some ciabatta. Had to swap the mozarella for cheddar, though. Damn cheese prices in Malaysia.