Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Catharsis

Oops, I can feel my smile fading

Oops, I think my mask is slipping
Oops, I think the tears are coming
Oops, I can feel the smooth veneer cracking

Oops, I hear the poison spreading
Oops, I know the words you're saying
Oops, I see the sugar melting
Oops, I think I see the real you

Oops, it seems you don't like me very much after all
Oops, it seems I don't like you very much after all
Oops, I think I don't care
Oops, I want you out of my life

Oops, was I too harsh with you?
Oops, did I hurt your feelings?
Oops, did I somehow make you think I care?
Oops, am I making you uncomfortable?

Oops, I made a big mistake
Oops, I let you into my life
Oops, I shared my secrets with you
Oops, I trusted you
Oops, I loved you

Be nice all you want
I'm not falling for that again
Thanks for the tears
And the lesson

I don't hate you
I hate the person I am when you're in the picture
So I'm tearing up that picture
And walking away

2 comments:

ScoMan said...

Sounds like you're getting stronger.

Badriyyah said...

Getting there...