Thursday, December 18, 2008

3,2,1... And Action!

   So, there we were.

   He looked at me.
   I looked right back at him.
   He looked doubtful.
   I hoped I looked calm.
   He appeared intimidating.
   I refused to be intimidated.
   He wasn't impressed.
   Neither was I.
   He was obligated to perform his duty.
   I was obligated to perform mine.
   He was the director.
   I was the actor auditioning for the part.
   He looked at me.
   He didn't speak, but his eyes said it all.
   He thought I was weak.
   I looked at him.
   I didn't speak, but I smiled.
   I thought he made a mistake in underestimating me.
   It was over.
   He wasn't impressed.
   But neither was I.
   He played his part perfectly.
   But I refused to play along.
   He left, probably annoyed that I wasted his time.
   I left, feeling a mixture of emotions.
   Needless to say, I didn't get the part.
   I am no actor.
   But why should I act?

1 comment:

ScoMan said...

Another excellent blog =D