Monday, March 9, 2009

Black Is The Colour Of My Mind

What once was, is now fragments of fleeting memories and torn pieces of paper.

A ticket drops down and lands on the ground. Where will it take me? Does it lead to a land of promise or to a land of nothingness? I refuse to bend down to pick it up. I turn my face and look up at the black sky.
A door opens up before me. I hesitate. What is on the other side of that door? Do I face a room full of scorpions or a room full of gold? I turn my face again and look down on the dark ground. There is nothing beneath me. There is nothing above me.
A hand taps me on the shoulder. I turn to look behind me. A smiling face offers me a golden goblet. Is the goblet full of honey or is it full of poison? I shake my head and turn my face away. This time I shut my eyes.
I feel longings whispering to me. Wish after wish reaching out for me. Dreams trying to touch me. I walk into shadows to hide from the unknown.
Now I'm covered in regrets and tears for what once was.


2 comments:

ScoMan said...

That's what makes life so difficult. You can never see which decisions you make today will lead to your happiness tomorrow.

You can never know if the decision you're making now will lead to your downfall.

You just have to rely on your judgement, and hope no speed bumps appear.

Badriyyah said...

So true. But that's life.
After all, what's a ride without a few bumps in the road?