Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Welcome To The Puppet Show

A string pulls me in the opposite direction. I go stiff and try to dig my feet into the ground. But I guess I didn't dig deep or hard enough. Or maybe the force behind the string is too strong to resist. I go flying across the wind, wishing the ground was quicksand that will hold me down firmly.

No such luck.
So I land at your feet. You said, "Let's go."
I nod and follow because that's where the string is leading me.
Ah, you're not a bad person. You can't help who and what you are.
I think I'm not such a bad person. But I am who and what I am.
I've been called into play. And play I shall.
Because it's not always about me. The captain needs to rest. And rest he shall.
So I give you a big smile. I take the string and begin to skip.
Welcome to the puppet show.

4 comments:

ScoMan said...

Life is interesting when there is someone else pulling your strings, and all you have to do is play the part.

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Wow, what a great post. Very well written. I heart your blog. =)

Badriyyah said...

scott: wish i got paid to play the part though like the hollywood actresses get paid. some of these parts are tough!

Badriyyah said...

ChinkyGirlMel: wow, thanks! that just made my day!