Sunday, March 15, 2009

Oh, Say It Is [Not] So!; Or, The Meaning Of Life

This is what it has come down to.


Me, desperately shaking a Magic 8 Ball for the answers I desperately seek.

Dear Magic 8 Ball, will I marry and have my happily-ever-after?
Without A Doubt.

[Oh, we're off to a fabulous start!]

Dear Magic 8 Ball, will I ever become a published writer?
My Sources Say No.

[Bloody 8 Ball!]

Dear Magic 8 Ball, will I at least live comfortably?
Yes.

[Simple and straightforward, I like it.]
Now to get down to business.

Dear Magic 8 Ball, will I ever figure out what that silver button belongs to?
Most Likely.

[Woohoo!]

Dear Magic 8 Ball, will I ever cure my addiction to shopping?
[Inconclusive - I received many glimpses to different answers.]

Dear Magic 8 Ball. are you telling me the truth?
Concentrate And Ask Again.

[Ok, I will.]

Dear Magic 8 Ball, are you telling me the truth?
Yes, Definitely.

[Ok, I trust you. I've got all the answers I need for now. Thanks! You have just enriched my life deeply. What would I do without you?]

No, seriously, will I ever be able to answer these deep questions without your insight?
Without A Doubt.

Well, then, why am I putting my trust in you?
No answer.

Not so smart now, are you?
As I See It, Yes.

Great. You have just destroyed the very foundations of my belief. Thanks a lot!

3 comments:

ScoMan said...

"Not so smart now, are you?
As I See It, Yes."


To me it sounds like the 8 ball might have been a bit of a smart ass.

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

OMG! You and your magic 8 ball. This is too funny. What a nice conversation you had with the magic 8 ball. lols... =)So, How was your weekend? I hope you had a great one. take care. Will be stalking your blog again soon. =)

Badriyyah said...

Scott: Yes, it seems I am surrounded by smart asses. Even my inanimate objects are sarcastic.

ChinkyGirlMel: Thanks! I had a great week, actually. A bit busy as my old housemate is in town, so am playing tour guide. How have you been? Stalk away! Lol. I love stalkers [on my blog].