Friday, September 26, 2008

The Ultimate 'Duh' Moment

A few weeks ago, I went to fetch my sister from school as it was raining heavily. I loved the rain because [1] it's not hot!!!! and [2] it totally reminded me of Swansea and since I'm still homesick for Swansea, that was a nice little reminder.

Anyhoo, so I went to fetch my sister. Was waiting in the car for about 10 minutes, alternating between watching the wipers flick back and forth and looking out for my sister. She finally drips into my car and I drive home.
Once we were in front of the gate, I completely blanked on how to turn my wipers off. Excuse me, what was that all about??? I knew how to change the speed of the wipers, but for the life of me, for just those few minutes, I just could not remember how to turn them off.
I spent what took-way-too-long trying to figure it out. I flicked and turned and twisted, turning on the back wipers in the process and spraying windshield fluid while my sister laughed her a$$ off.
Finally, finally, one of the flicking movements worked and they blessedly stopped.
And so concludes the ultimate 'Duh' moment. I think I deserve applause for that. And for the record, I'm still a 'P' driver, but I'm pretty good on the road. In case you thought I shouldn't be allowed to drive because I didn't know how to turn off my wipers.


2 comments:

`` said...

wait a second. *does double take*
this post...was on facebook wasn't it?? please tell me i'm not losing my mind here :)

Badriyyah said...

yes, it was. no, you're not losing you're mind. but it was under 'notes' in my fb. =P and a few ppl who read my blog don't have fb, so... i thought i'd stick it in here as well.
so, i plagiarized my own work.