Friday, November 28, 2008

The Decision: A Letdown

What was I to do?

The ringing was calling to me.
The phone was begging to be answered.

I had walked past this public phone hundred of times on my way to the university.
And on my way home.

I had used it many times to call home.

But never once had it started ringing just as I walked by.
It was as if Life was trying to reach me.

Who was calling?
Was it a wrong number?
Was it someone who would offer me a million pounds?
Was it someone who would recruit me as a secret agent?

So many times I wished for it to happen.
Just so I could experience it.

What can I say?
I have rather unusual thoughts.

So what did I do when the opportunity finally presented itself?
When I could finally answer that question in my mind?

I walked away.
I decided the fantasy was better than the reality.
What does that say about me?

2 comments:

`` said...

you still suck. lol
toying with my emotions like that :)

good post :)

Badriyyah said...

haha. sorry. i was struggling through noblopomo.