Sunday, November 2, 2008

One Two... Buckle My Shoe... Twenty Six... Time For A Remix...

   It's the eve of the day that will mark the beginning of my 26th year on our little planet. Looking back to my quarter-of-a-century birthday, nothing much has really changed over the course of the year. 

   Everything is pretty much the same as it was a year ago. Oh, I have my blog now. And I am starting to write more. Plus, I've got way more shoes now that I did this time last year. My hairstyle's different and I got more presents this year [Yes, I know it's not my birthday yet. But I've got a few presents already - most of my birthday wish list has been fulfilled - yey!]. Oh, I also have my driver's license now.
   But apart from that, I still shop too much and eat way too many chocolates. *sigh* And I am still, still searching for a suitable job. I guess I just envisioned that things would be different by the time this day rolled around. Every time I have a birthday, I imagine what life would be like for me come the following birthday. And for my 26th, I was supposed to already be working and confidently driving myself around, plus some other things.
   *sigh* At least, I'll be job-hunting with great hair and yummy shoes now.
   Here's to the beginning of my 26th year! 

2 comments:

Elle Field said...

Happy Birthday for tomorrow! :0) Hope you have a fabbity day!

Badriyyah said...

thanks, elle! i'll make sure i get a fabbity day... i deserve it! =P