Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Decision: Inner Torment

   I stood there, frozen in place.

   My heart beat faster.
   My thoughts were spinning crazily.

   I was caught in the moment.
   Unable to come to a firm decision.

   I had often wondered about this moment.
   But I had never once thought that it would actually happen.
   And yet, there it was.

   It was a question I had asked myself many times, over the years.
   It was a question I could finally answer.
   And yet, I hesitated.

   The day had started off like any other day.
   Class, lunch at home, work in the evening.
   Now, this.

   What should I do?
   What was the right thing to do?
   I stood there and debated on what my next step should be.

   The seconds stretched into minutes.
   The minutes crawled maddeningly slowly by.
   I was almost tormented while trying to come up with a solution.

   I was excited and doubtful.
   Intrigued but hesitating.
   
   Thus concludes part one of this drama.

4 comments:

ScoMan said...

Can't wait for part two.

`` said...

blaaahhh, you suck ;)

Badriyyah said...

Scott, it's coming up tomorrow. Hehe.

Badriyyah said...

Nicole, yes... I know I suck. Part of what makes me so lovable. Haha. =P