Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Good Intention

   Before I went grocery shopping, I always made a list. This is so...


  1. I would remember to buy the things I really needed. [toothpaste, etc.]
  2. To avoid buying the things I didn't need. [biscuits, crisps, etc.]

   So, a typical shopping list would generally look like this...

  1. Onions, garlic, shallots
  2. Basmati rice
  3. Frozen peas
  4. Red peppers
  5. Chillies
  6. Oil
  7. Mushrooms
  8. Pasta
  9. Pasta sauce
  10. Canned tuna
  11. Chicken
  12. Salmon
  13. Chips
  14. Milk
  15. Cereal
  16. Butter
  17. Bread
  18. Pears
   This is what I usually came home with...

  1. All the things in the 'original' list
  2. Frozen pizza
  3. Walker's Sensations Thai Sweet Chili
  4. Cappucino cake
  5. Chocolate chip cookies
  6. Glamour magazine
  7. Walker's Cheese and Onion
  8. Sushi
  9. Ben and Jerry's Phish Food
  10. Fish cakes
   Low willpower much?
   I always said Tesco [in Swansea] was my second home. Where else opens late at night, anyway? 

2 comments:

ScoMan said...

I can't live without the list. And I always follow it to the letter.. mostly because I hate the supermarket so rush straight to what I need so I can get out.

Badriyyah said...

Oh, I usually go at night. That way I avoid the rush and I can take my own sweet time, plus prices are reduced at night.
I love it.