Friday, October 10, 2008

The Chase

Sitting in the car. My sister squashed next to me, sleeping. Dad's been driving for almost three hours now. I sigh. I look out the window and stare at the cars whizzing past us. I'm waiting for the trees and the cool air.

I sigh again and let my mind wander. Thought after thought flow past. Oh, if only I had a pen and paper. Here's an interesting idea for a story. I must remember that. Oh, that would make a lovely poem. I must remember that too. Look at that car. How fast does he need to go? Honestly, aren't people worried about their safety? Oh, go back to the idea for the story. 
Hmm... if I take this point and expand on the idea here. Yes, I see where I can play with it, spin it in different directions. Now, how about that poem? Oh, look, the trees are now in view. We're moving uphill now, towards the highlands. How lovely.
Soon, we can open the windows. Good thing too because it's so stuffy in here. Plus, my sister's head is now on my shoulder. Huh. 

Apparently, I dozed off. It's time to open the windows! Joy! The fresh air feels wonderful. The air smells so sweet, like flowers and strawberries. Yum. I'm really enjoying this. It's gorgeous. We reach the place. I jump out of the car. Feels good to be moving again after sitting for hours and hours. 

Fast forward to bedtime. I reach for my little notebook to jot down the idea for the story and poem. And... they're gone. I try and try and I just cannot remember them. I sigh.

Here I am again, trying to chase my thoughts before they vanish. And failing terribly.


No comments: