Sunday, October 26, 2008

Through The Looking Glass

   Our similarities are what draw us.

   Our similarities are what bond us.
   I see you in me.
   I recognise you in me.
   And I don't feel alone.
   I don't feel like I'm the only one going through this.

   Your strength inspires me.
   Your joy enlightens me.
   Your wisdom illuminates me.

   Our similarities scare me.
   Our similarities keep me away.
   And I feel alone.
   I feel confused.

   Your weakness reminds me of my own.
   Your tears bring my own tears.
 
   I recognise you.
   I know you.
   I recognise myself.
   I know myself.

2 comments:

Niesha M said...

The same reasons that why you love a person, can be the same reasons why you hate them.

Badriyyah said...

Like, loving someone because of how friendly they are, but also resenting that person for being too friendly.
Thanks for dropping by, j.n.!
xxxx