Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Lost & Found? I Seem To Have Lost My Life

Ring... riiiiinnng... riiiiiinnngggg...

Hello?

What the fiddlesticks do you think you're doing?!?

Erm... sorry?

Well, you should be sorry!

Who is this?

This is your life calling. You seriously have no clue what you're doing, do you?

Erm... no?

Well, just get out there and do something!

I am! I am!

Well, do better! You're not wasting me any longer!

Okay! Sheeessshhh..

Let me tell you about The Plan. The Plan was...

  1. Graduate from university by 22.
  2. Work for a couple of years.
  3. Get married by 24.
  4. Have a successful career for a couple more years.
  5. Have my first baby by 26.
  6. Be a stay at home mom or work from home.
  7. Go back to work or become published author by 28.
  8. And so on... have successful career... make loads of money... write loads of books... travel the world with my adoring husband... have adorable children... basically...
  9. Have the perfect life.
That was The Plan [concocted when I was a naive 18-year old]. Now, you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men...

This is The Life.
  1. Finish university at 23.
  2. Did volunteer work for one year.
  3. Came back to Malaysia before my 25th birthday.
  4. Will be celebrating my 26th birthday soon and am still looking for a job.
  5. Still trying to land that writing job.
*sigh*

I will be formulating a new plan soon, codename: Phase 2 Of My Life. It might include world domination. Would anyone like to join me?

4 comments:

:Luvvie said...

hahahaha your life getting changed up sounds up about the same as mine!! I totally understand!! I guess we just have to trust we are gonna get there someday!!

wherever there is.

Dusty @AllThingsG+D said...

Hey girl! Don't worry about trying to plan things. The best life happens when you're not pay attention. ;)

Badriyyah said...

thanks, mhea!

i guess if everything worked out according to plans, it might get boring.

let me know when you get there! =)

Badriyyah said...

thanks g+d!

i know, but sometimes the struggle kind of gets me down.

in the meantime, i'll cheer myself up by buying sexy shoes. =P