Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Swan Go Bye-Bye

     Next to Swansea University is a little park with a pond and a pub, aptly name 'Pub On The Pond', that does fantastic food.     On the pond, they rent out those water bicycle thingies, shaped like swans [of course!] and dragons [for Wales]. Those things are so cool, but my plans to ride them with my friends never quite came to fruition. [There were passionate debates about who got to ride the dragon, as there was usually only one dragon.]

     I heard this story from a friend.
     Oh, before I continue, opposite our university is the beach. I know, how lucky are we?
     One night, a couple of male students got drunk. [As students do.] While on this joyful buzz, they decided that it was a great idea to kidnap a swan from the pond, and carry it across the road, to the beach opposite and ride it in the sea.
     I can't quite remember how many of them they were, it was either 2, 3 or 4 of them and they managed to do just that. The kidnapping part, I mean, and carrying it across the road. I don't recall if they actually rode the poor thing in the sea.
     I do remember that the poor swan was broken and they found the students responsible for this travesty. Those students were fined a few hundred pounds. 
     I wonder if they thought it was worth it? Hmm...

No comments: