Saturday, October 11, 2008

I Want, I Need - Part. 2

We went to bed. He went to the guest bedroom and I crashed in the master bedroom with the other girls.

When I woke up the next morning [read, afternoon], he had gone. Apparently, he had a work thing. I got his number from my best friend. I also got something else from her. 
Yes, I got the news that he already has a girlfriend. A girlfriend that he's been with for a few years and is apparently planning to marry. Funny how that didn't come up during our conversation the night before. Especially since it was extremely obvious that I was throwing myself at him. Huh.
I texted him anyway. Oh, his number started EXACTLY how I said it would. How freaky was that? Literally, this is the man of my dreams. I guess I forgot to include the part that he should also be SINGLE and MADLY IN LOVE with ME. *sigh* I knew it was too good to be true.
And I only texted to ask how he was, nothing more. I'm a big believer in staying away from other women's men. I thought since he was such a nice guy, it would be nice to have him as a friend. No harm in that, right? 
I didn't think I would ever see him again, anyway. But, I did. About a week later. My best friend wanted to say her farewells to him before she returned to London and asked me to go with her. I didn't want to at first, but she talked me into it. Another friend came with us.
We went to Baskin Robbins and waited for him. And there he was. Looking even sweeter than all the ice cream in the place. [Yes, I was that in love.] He was even lovelier than I remembered. We talked. We laughed. And all the while I kept reminding myself that he belonged to someone else. Then it was over. [That was also the last time I ever saw him.]
When we were in the car, my other friend said to me that she noticed the chemistry. What chemistry? It was positively sizzling between us. Or so I thought.
Fast Forward 4 years later. [I stayed single by choice - I was so over relationships that wouldn't go anywhere. I mean, after meeting your dream man, what else could you do? Everything else was bound to be a letdown.] By this time, I was in Swansea. I was in my second year of university life. [HE was a husband and proud father of a gorgeous baby girl.] I met a long-lost friend online. She said she had someone she wanted to introduce to me.
He was 2 years younger - a total no-no with me. Based on that alone, I said no. But she was insistent. I agreed to just get to know him. He might make a good friend. He was back in Malaysia anyway, so it would just be a nice, harmless friendship right?
He was nice to chat with, very funny and easygoing. I started calling him just to hear how he sounded on the phone. I enjoyed talking to him even more. But it was just a friendship, nothing more. 
Fast forward 1 month later. I'm sitting in my friend's living room, waiting for him to come over. 
The knock came. I pretended to be chilled out and look cool on the couch. My friend got the door. And he walked in. 
I looked up and, as corny as this sounds, it was like electricity. Seriously. I just felt it. i don't even know how to describe it. I remember my first thought being... Oh, I'm in trouble.
Was I really in trouble?
Read on, dear reader...

No comments: