Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Memory Uncovered

   I was going through some boxes of stuff [finally!] and I found some blasts from the past. I discovered my sketch book [full of pictures of rings], and my Psychology notes [full of doodles]. 

   When I flipped through the notes, I found... a note that we apparently passed around in class. It wasn't passed around in Psychology class though, as our Psych class was usually pretty small, and the lecturer kept a keen eye on us. 
   I think it's from my Anthropology class, judging by the participants in this note. I just laughed when I read through it. Oh, to be 19 and silly and messing around again.

Unnamed: [But it's me as it's in my writing. Figures I'd be the one who started the whole thing.] 
   Chris, ur looking sexy cos u wanna attract Mr. Ching, rite?
Unnamed: [But I think it's Chris.]
   Yes. To get more marks! *winking smiley*
Felicia:
   My God, as if Chris is like that... (she has her own guy)... Amee looks very cool too.
Unnamed: [Looks like Chris' handwriting.]
   [To Felicia] R U going out with u-know-who now? Is it confirmed? Btw, might go to Liquid tonite... *smiley* r u free?
Felicia:
   Chris, I am free, but no transport.
[At this point, there are many arrows pointing to respective names, so it's getting a bit confusing.]
Aimee:
   [to Felicia] No, me not. Thanx, but no. Me ok. U look
 cool. Everyday when I c u, u are always cool. He he he...!!!
Felicia:
   [arrow pointing to Aimee's name] good flatterer
Aimee: Badriyyah, so... wassup with ur date? He he he...!!! How'd it go? Felicia, u too. What's the story? He he he...!!!
 [Apparently that's how Aimee laughs on paper.]
Me:
  [arrow pointing up] It was as usual - ok, nice.
[Hmmm... I wonder who the date was with. I don't sound too excited.]
B: [too lazy to write my name, I guess]
   He is not my date! He's just a very close friend. But he's going back to Aus tonite. *sad face* [On the paper, I meant. Not on me.]
Unnamed: [looks like Aimee]
   Awww... poor you. Was it XXXXX?
Me: [With more arrows]
   No, XXXXX. *tongue-sticking out smiley*
Unnamed: [Felicia, looks like]
   Chris, there is no one and you-know-who cos it will never be, I do not think it can be. We shall remain friends... 
[Unfamiliar writing in brackets]:
   [Sorry to hear that...]
Unnamed: [Aimee, again]
   Oooh, ok. Got the picture. So, that means he's available? Hahahaha...!!! Just kidding!
[Hmm... she's changed her laugh here. There is a P.T.O. at the corner of the page. At this point, we have reached the end of the page.]
Still Aimee:
   But u will have other choices, so... "there are many fishes in the sea" *smiley face*
B:
   Ok. I'm bored. I've got a dirty joke. [Insert dirty joke and punchline.] 
Unnamed: [Chris, most probably.]
   What is P.O.T. sorry P.T.O?
Aimee:
   P.T.O. means please turn over. P.T.O. is for Chris saying.
[Eh? Saying what?]
B:
   [Insert more dirty jokes by me.]
The note ends. Apparently my jokes were not appreciated.


   Who was 'u-know-who'? I wonder where these girls are now. Poor Mr. Ching. So there you go, how 4 [or 5?] girls spent their Anthropology lecture.
   I wonder if I still have my notes from high school? Those would probably be hilarious, what with teenage angst and spurned loves and the usual high school drama.



No comments: